• Bring a cashier's check PAYABLE TO APEX TITLE for the balance of the down payment and closing costs. For an estimate, check the Good Faith Estimate from your mortgage company. Apex Title will accept personal checks up to $500.00.
• Contact your homeowner's insurance agent to obtain hazard insurance binder and paid receipt showing the first year premium paid. If the insurance is paid through the Homeowner's Association, this is not necessary.
• Provide picture identification and you will need to provide your social security number (actual card not required).
• If a sale of your present home is required by your new lender, bring the HUD-1 Settlement Statement and a copy of the Warranty Deed.
• If married, your spouse must attend unless other arrangements have been made. Please contact your closer immediately if both spouses cannot attend.
• Provide picture identification and your social security number (the actual card is not required).
• If major improvements have recently been made to your home, a SWORN CONSTRUCTION STATEMENT AND LIEN WAIVERS must be submitted at least 3 days prior to closing.
• As Sellers(s) you are required to contact the various utility companies servicing your property to arrange for final meter readings and to close out your billing accounts. At the same time you close the account, provide your new address for receipt of the final bill. NOTE: If there is a delinquent water bill on your property, the amount past due, plus an estimate for the final water bill will be paid at the closing. If payment is made prior to closing, you will need to provide a receipt for payment of the water bill at closing.
• At closing, when you are in receipt of your proceeds, cancel your insurance policy on the property. IF THIS IS ABSTRACT PROPERTY, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CLOSER IMMEDIATELY TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO HAVE YOUR ABSTRACT DELIVERED TO THE BUYER'S TITLE COMPANY.
• If you anticipate having to bring funds for closing, Apex Title requires funds in the form of a cashier's check PAYABLE TO APEX TITLE. The amount of the check should be based on the Good Faith Estimate from your mortgage company. Apex Title will accept personal checks up to $500.00.
• Contact your homeowner's insurance agent for a hazard insurance binder and paid receipt for the current year.
• Provide picture identification and social security number (actual card not required).
• If married, both spouses are required to attend the closing.